November 19, 2009

The Stone Age

Dutch model, Lara Stone graces the cover and inside pages of Vogue UK's December 2009 issue wearing some of the most gorgeous dresses I have ever seen by Dior, Valentino and Dolce & Gabbana.

Photographed by Mario Testino and styled by Lucinda Chambers, Stone has been called 'girl of the year' by Vogue UK.

In the editorial 'Stone Age,' Lara reveals for the first time publicly that she spent four weeks earlier this year in rehab. 'I am a complete alcoholic. It used to be so easy to say to someone, 'Get me a bottle of vodka,' and they'd run and get it. Going to rehab was the best decision I ever made. The last six months have been the best of my life.'

A week after she left rehab, she was back in the game, attending the Costume Institute Gala in early May with Alexander Wang. 'I sat there all night in complete shock. I didn't say a word.'

She's been doing the model rounds for ten years, since she was 15 but says that even back when she was 16 and in living in Paris, drugs weren't a problem. 'I'd already tried everything in Holland. Anyway, I never wanted to be that model on drugs, the sort who gives head for a line of coke.'

But she doesn't seem to mind going topless all the time for magazines. 'Everyone's seen them. My girlfriends love them — they play with them!'

I guess that's how the Dutch do.




MAGAZINE: Vogue UK December 2009
EDITORIAL: Stone Age
MODEL: Lara Stone
PHOTOGRAPHER: Mario Testino
STYLIST: Lucinda Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment